Republican from West Virginia
John Raese is president and CEO of Greer Industries, a steel and limestone company in Morgantown, West Virginia. He was the Republican candidate in a special election to fill the unexpired term of the late Sen. Robert Byrd in 2010, losing to Democrat and then-Gov. Joe Manchin. Raese is the former chairman of the West Virginia Republican Party and has run several statewide campaigns.
Recent statements involving John Raese
Under the new health care law, "the first person (a) patient has to go to is a bureaucrat. That is called a panel."
Recent stories featuring John Raese
Most campaign ads this year pummeled viewers into submission -- or apathy. But a few didn't. Here are eight that changed the trajectory of their races.
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to email@example.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag