Rep. Lynn Westmoreland is a Republican from Georgia.
Recent statements involving Lynn Westmoreland
The federal government regulates the holes in Swiss cheese.
The war spending bill "actually spends more money on the International Monetary Fund than on the war."
Recent stories featuring Lynn Westmoreland
A Republican Web ad claims stimulus money bought a bridge to a saloon and paid a city worker to find more stimulus money. But we find the ad distorts the facts.
A Georgia congressman contends the war spending bill has more for the IMF than for the wars. We investigate.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag