Republican from Maryland
Michael Steele is the chairman of the Republican National Committee. He was formerly the lieutenant governor of Maryland, serving from 2003 to 2007.
Recent statements involving Michael Steele
"I have won more elections than any chairman since 1938."
The Republican Party "fought very hard in the '60s to get the civil rights bill passed, as well as the voting rights bill."
Recent stories featuring Michael Steele
Rhetoric during the 2010 campaign season was so filled with falsehoods and exaggerations that we rated the entire election Barely True. But the year also had its share of true statements. Here are five that surprised us for being correct.
We check the RNC chairman's criticism of an odd Obama song, as performed by some New Jersey second-graders.
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag