Democrat from Illinois
Rahm Emanuel was the first chief of staff in President Barack Obama’s administration. He is currently a candidate for mayor of Chicago, having represented the Chicagoland area as a U.S. congressman prior to joining the White House. Emanuel also held various posts in the Clinton Administration from 1993 to 1998, and worked as an investment banker in the private sector.
Recent statements involving Rahm Emanuel
Recent stories featuring Rahm Emanuel
For two weeks, you've heard claims that the bill includes lots of goodies — millions for Filipino veterans, ACORN and programs for sexually transmitted diseases. We sort out the truth.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag