PolitiFact Virginia introduces the Macker-Meter
By Becky Bowers
Published on Friday, January 17th, 2014 at 2:42 p.m.
Today, PolitiFact Virginia introduces the Macker-Meter, a service to monitor 17 major campaign pledges by new Gov. Terry McAuliffe.
The Macker-Meter will operate on the same principles of the recently completed Bob-O-Meter, which kept tabs on the campaign promises made by former Gov. Bob McDonnell.
(And, for that matter, our own Obameter, which tracks campaign promises made by President Barack Obama.)
The first rating: a Promise Kept, for signing an executive order banning lobbyist gifts to the governor and his family.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag