Stand up for facts and support PolitiFact.
Now is your chance to go on the record as supporting trusted, factual information by joining PolitiFact’s Truth Squad. Contributions or gifts to PolitiFact, which is part of the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Poynter Institute, are tax deductible.
I would like to contribute
Here at PolitiFact HQ, we’re gearing up to fact-check the president’s State of the Union address — not to mention this year’s midterm elections.
We want to make it easier than ever for you to track the truth.
You get the same award-winning reporting and politician report cards that power our site, plus:
• The Truth Index – It’s like the Dow Jones Industrial Average of truth, a daily index that shows the ups and downs of all of our Truth-O-Meter rulings.
• The Truth-O-Meter Tally – An interactive feature that allows you to compare Truth-O-Meter rulings by subject. Are there more falsehoods in claims about health care or the economy?
• The Flip-O-Meter Tally – A running tally that shows the latest count for Half Flips and Full Flops.
• An email feature — It allows you to send your favorite Truth-O-Meter items to friends and co-workers.
• A Pants on Fire button — Press the button, hear the satisfying "Pants on Fire!" siren. It’s our favorite couch companion for speeches and debates.
It won’t be 99 cents forever, so grab it now! When November rolls around, you’ll feel extra smart.
PolitiFact, "Wired magazine names PolitiFact an 'essential app,’" Dec. 6, 2012
Wired, "5 Apps for Election Day," Nov. 5, 2012
Computerworld, "Election fever: 6 mobile apps that can keep you informed," Feb. 10, 2012